Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Running

I've started running again. There's a beautiful park down the road from our house and I go there in the evenings for a quick workout. I hadn't realised how out of shape I was. Just about collapsed on the first day. Anyways, things have improved since and I'm pacing myself a little better now with a more judicious walk/run/walk regimen. It's a great feeling, exercise. You feel so refreshed. The downside, though, is that I've developed an incorrigible appetite. All I want to do afterwards is eat. And not just healthy stuff like fruit and fibre but decadent food like eclairs and shwarmas. So right now I'm trying to look for foods that you can eat a lot of and not be affected by, food that tastes good but is low on sugar and carbs. Any ideas?

5 Comments:

Blogger Sujatha Bagal said...

Hi Karrvakarela,

Thanks for visiting my blog and commenting. Now I've come upon a blog that's interesting! I've added you to my blogroll.

Now, about your question, fruits are the way to go! Or even sweets with dates, almonds, cashews...

P.S., if you don't mind me asking, what does your blogname mean?

7:20 PM  
Blogger karrvakarela said...

Sujatha: All Sounds to Silence Come is from a poem by Walter de la Mare. (http://www.cs.rice.edu/~ssiyer/minstrels/poems/1024.html)

I'm eating a lot of fruit. In fact one of my daily meals is just fruit. But the problem is it's not filling and a short while later I'm hungry again, dreaming of warm rolls and butter.

Najm: Which one would you recommend? Do they have a roast beef variety?

2:02 AM  
Blogger Sujatha Bagal said...

KK,

Thanks for the link to the poem. I was asking about Karrvakarela, if you don't mind. Does it have anything to do with the vegetable?

I was on the south beach diet for a while and one of the things they recommend (after the first two weeks of absolutely no carbs) is to indulge in something that you really really like, but only a little bit. Apparently helps control your cravings. You should know that I'm off that diet now, having discovered that diets do not work. I eat everything, splurge once in a while, but try to stick to the "everything in moderation" theory.:))

5:18 AM  
Blogger karrvakarela said...

Sujatha: oh, karrvakarela is a colloquial term for someone who is grumpy all the time, a curmudgeon. Someone who is bitter like a karela.

Yeah, diets never work. The only way to lose weight is to move out and live on your own. Staying at home, you can exercise all you want but it's quickly put to waste by a neat little round of aloo ke parathay. With achar. And aam ki chutney. And lassi.

(You get what I'm saying . . . )

1:43 PM  
Blogger Sujatha Bagal said...

yum, yum, delicioso!

9:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter