Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Nani

I came downstairs the other day to look for a missing sock.

"The cheel flew away with it," Nani said.

What?

"What's a cheel?" I asked.

"I don't know what you call it in English. Eagle, maybe."

"Why would an eagle fly away with my sock?"

"To insulate its nest. It took one of mine too," Nani informed me, pointing to a single black sock.

"Stupid cheel. It should have taken both. What am I going to do with one sock?"

"You can wear mine."

"I'll look like an idiot."

"No more than usual."

8 Comments:

Blogger yasmine said...

hahaha Nani is spunky! Maybe if you leave your lonely, single sock lying around, the cheel will gladly divest you of that one, too.

2:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

'Cheels' have been known to snatch lunch from children's lunch boxes in the open. Thanks God, it was only a sock :-)

2:22 PM  
Blogger baj said...

BURN!!! ;)

4:51 PM  
Blogger Crazed Teacher said...

nani talks are the best

12:51 AM  
Blogger karrvakarela said...

Yasmine: she certainly is! She's the only nani I know who treats blood pressure with vanilla ice-cream.

Silent Muslim: someone we know wanted to send their servant up a tree to reclaim their laundry from the cheel's nest. Thank God they didn't. The man could have had his face clawed open.

Baji: haw hai.

Ushi: absolutely!

8:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Funny Nani. Where were she when I was shopping for one ;).

There is something coming to your way.

http://www.friendswithoutborders.org/pages/card_about.htm

5:26 PM  
Blogger karrvakarela said...

Hi Geeta,

Awesome! That's beautiful. Thank you so much for sharing.

5:43 AM  
Blogger yasmine said...

=) Re. the letter: Those are my friends! YAY!

10:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter