Saturday, June 05, 2010

Milestones

Time flies by so fast you hardly notice. I graduated from residency last night. There was a convocation ceremony, speeches were made, photographs taken. I wore a brand new suit with a lime green tie that I had been saving for a special occasion. We ate chocolate cake and went up, one by one, to the podium to receive our diplomas. I sat next to Arif and watched Saniya glow with pride when his name was called. Cameras flashed around us all night. I can't believe it's been three years.

4 Comments:

Blogger Ayesha said...

Congrats!
So happy for you!
I hope and pray that you are able to make positive contributions to the human condition.
Ayesha

5:19 PM  
Blogger Saadat said...

Congratulations. :)

9:06 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Congratulations!!! (This is such a big deal, I think it calls for 3 exclamations marks :))

2:51 AM  
Blogger karrvakarela said...

Ayesha: thank you! I hope so too.

Saadat: bohat shukriya! How've you been?

Humaira: thank you!

10:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter