Saturday, October 08, 2005

Tremors

We just had an earthquake scare here in Lahore. I was asleep and the tremors woke me up. It was as if a child were jumping up and down on the mattress. At first I thought I was dreaming but then I felt the excitement below me, in the ground, the rumbling and shaking. We all scrambled outside and I noticed the dog's water-bowl was upset. And the cars were wobbling back and forth. It was terrifying.


Update: we've been watching the news and apparently this was one of the most powerful earthquakes ever to occur in Pakistan with the epicentre just outside Islamabad. Geologists scored it 7.6 on the Richter scale. Reuters has details.

4 Comments:

Blogger baj said...

insha'Allah, i hope everyone is alright. nothing like a little movement of the plates to get your attention and remind you of how delicate and precious life is.

3:39 AM  
Blogger karrvakarela said...

Very true, baji.

2:33 PM  
Blogger yasmine said...

I hope you and your family are well and safe inshaAllah. I hear there are still tremors going on. Wishing everyone much ease and peace and strength during this time.

2:49 PM  
Blogger karrvakarela said...

Yasmine: Amen to your prayers.

4:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter