Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Blog Update = Book Recommendation

I've been busy these past few days so the blog lies neglected. Just dropping in to write about a book I've been reading. A Gathering of Days by Joan W Blos. One of the most beautiful books I have ever read. If I had the money I would buy a hundred copies and give them out to my friends and their friends and their friends' friends so that each in turn could be enriched by its grace and wisdom. But since I don't, the next best thing is to write about it and goad my readers (yes, both of you) to go out and read it.

Chalo, jaldi karo. Fatafat.

5 Comments:

Blogger baj said...

yay for book recommendations! boo for no time to read anything these days. yay for the reason though. :) hope this finds you well, kk!

11:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll take your recommendation and look for it at the House of Prose...:)

What are my chances of finding it there..?

I am quite sure it comes too late for too many, but here's warning that one person who has not yet read it (is there one?)... don't waste your time on the Da Vinci Code!

2:43 PM  
Blogger karrvakarela said...

baji: tis doth find me well, gracious lady. wishing the same for you. and zeepee and teepee.

knicq: will it be available at the House of Prose? there's only one way to find out . . .

3:11 AM  
Blogger yasmine said...

I LOVE that book, KK! Finally, you recommend a book I've actually heard of and read, and now I feel so well-read and smart. Thank you. =)

I read A Gathering of Days when I was about twelve, and it totally inspired me to start writing regularly in my own journal. The journal-writing was something I abandoned a few years later, but at least I kept at it during a time when I most needed to remember those moments I recorded.

A Gathering of Days is gorgeous. Thank you for the reminder. I need to get a copy of my own.

By the way, I just saw this, and thought you might like:

http://www.librarything.com/blog/

11:16 PM  
Blogger karrvakarela said...

Yasmine: thanks for the link. glad you enjoyed the book. it truly is remarkable, the way it's anchored at a specific point in history and still manages to speak of timeless values.

4:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter