Monday, March 21, 2005

Simplicity and faith

It's amazing how memories sometimes surprise you at the most unlikely moments. I was looking up cinema timings for The Incredibles last night when I remembered someone telling me about an aunt of hers. I think I even blogged about this wonderful lady who never went to the cinema for fear that if death were to come to her there, how would she face her Creator? I don't know very many people like her, with such strong and abiding faith, and I couldn't help wondering how, as time passes by there will be even less and less of her kind left for us to learn from. The world is quietly being emptied of these wise and elegant people and with their departure is lost to us the very simplicity and faith we are so desperately in need of in these loveless days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter