Friday, June 17, 2005

Long Story Short

Busy weekend most of which was spent shuttling up and down Dubai's interminable highways. Too tired to go to the concert. Rush hour traffic sucks.

Best moment: sitting in the hospital waiting room while my mother went in to see the anesthesiologist about her surgery. It was a women's hospital (please check your men at the door) and as I sat there with my walkman on, watching people, "The Look of Love" started playing in the background. It was hilarious, the sublime combination of Dusty Springfield's soulful rendition with the steady traffic of pregnant women, waddling in and out, their bellies plump with dreams.

5 Comments:

Blogger baj said...

lol @ personal soundtrack matching the visuals of your life. how appropriate!

4:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just read your occupations tag -- hilarious! I love the chef one, rolling down the hills hehehe..
I recently decided I wanted to switch to some sort of botanist.. was inspired when my mountain trail guide up in nathiagali last week was telling me how these british expeditions came and broke plants and dried them in their labs to create cures and stuff.. I thought it was interesting but sadly, way too far off for me!

11:05 PM  
Blogger Crazed Teacher said...

hows ur mom doing??

9:53 AM  
Blogger karrvakarela said...

Assalamualaikum,

Baji: Alhumdulillah. Life has a way of surprising us sometimes.

Bushra: There is so much about this world that we don't know. I think I posted about that new drug for Parkinson's disease, the one that's made from dandelions. Who would've thought.

And which of the mercies of your Sustainer will you deny . . .

2:46 AM  
Blogger maryam said...

"their bellies plump with dreams" heh. that's adorable

5:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter