Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Music Meme

I've been tagged by ScanMan (aka Dr Vijay Sadasivam) to post a list of seven songs I'm currently listening to. This is not just a little amusing because amongst my family and friends I am recognised as the one whose music no one enjoys! Still, the good doctor has been generous enough to mention that my songs need not be any good as long as it's music that I enjoy so here goes. In my defense, the only thing I can say is that I listen to most of my music at bedtime which is why these tracks are so slooow and soporific.

  1. Sea Song - Pat Metheny
  2. Sugar Plum - Bill Evans
  3. B Minor Waltz - Bill Evans
  4. It Never Entered My Mind - Miles Davis
  5. The Sabrina soundtrack - John Williams (Not a song but it's difficult to pick out individual tracks. Each one complements the other.)
  6. E.T. Flying Theme - John Williams
  7. Cinema Paradiso (Main Theme) - Pat Metheny and Charlie Haden

(Sorry, Vijay, I'm not a ghazal fan. Unrequited love is boring - if you can't be with the one you love, love the one you're with!)

Now, as part of the meme, I'm supposed to tag seven other people. I'm going to break with convention and keep that an open invitation. Anybody who wishes to join in is more than welcome!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks.

"...if you can't be with the one you love, love the one you're with..."

Indeed!!

An interesting policy. Hope it has worked for you :)

7:36 PM  
Blogger wendigo said...

'Unrequited love is boring' - you just knocked a whole epic genre to the ground! and my personal expertise too... sigh.

2:22 AM  
Blogger karrvakarela said...

wendigo: why bother caring for someone who doesn't care about you? i'd rather just eat pizza and read a book.

12:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, sorry for the intrusion. Just passing by.
"...if you can't be with the one you love, love the one you're with..."
'Unrequited love is boring'
Nice concept for someone who is not in love with someone else. you can say that because you love yourself and you want that person or the thing for your precious self. And if that person doesnt care for you....yes eat pizza and read a book!
Only when you happen to fall in love with someone else, especially when you dont have him/her, then you feel the loss, you cant shrug and eat pizza because you cant help it, and its terrible!!!yes the real thing is terrible.

Very interesting blog!!! That actually made me leave a comment however much unwanted!

5:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter