Monday, March 28, 2005

Candid impressions

Since I've been asked to record my candid impressions of the events that occurred over the weekend, in which a motley band of bloggers found themselves locked in each other's strange and charming company, I have no choice but to admit the truth. It was incredible! From the wild, and tragic, ride through Sharjah's back alleys to the newfound joys 0f manndi, it was one massive "sugar rush" and I would like to thank my companions for a great time. I would especially like to thank that one person, who I don't want to embarass by naming, who, at a moment's notice, graciously welcomed me into his home and went out of his way to make sure I was comfortable. For those who don't know me, that is no mean feat - karrvakarela, remember? - and that O did it so effortlessly and with such consummate grace speaks so well of his gift for hospitality. Insha-Allah, I sincerely hope this is the start of a beautiful friendship. As for you, crazy person who asked me for my comments (aa bael, mujhe maar), may Allah Subhanahu wa Ta'aala keep your heart as generous and as unfettered by vanity as we've been fortunate to witness.

5 Comments:

Blogger Crazed Teacher said...

imagine that anaconda wearing those glasses :)

6:13 AM  
Blogger karrvakarela said...

Assalamualaikum,

Najm, man, I thought you were a ninja. Ittay se anaconda se darr gae . . . Afsos, sada afsos

Ushi, kyun, saanp kya bohat parhay likhay hotay hain? Waise, it's not a bad life being a boa. You eat a big fat meal and then go to sleep for a couple of weeks. Almost as good as being a Punjabi . . .

2:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

KK,
She didn't call you anaconda. She was trying to scare you by calling the Anaconda. You neglected the protocol and tried to pinch her cheeks within the first 15 minutes of your meeting. She allows that after 30 minutes. :)

8:05 PM  
Blogger karrvakarela said...

Jalali baba,

Oh, I'm sorry. My bad. I'll be careful to remember next time. Waise for a two year old to summon the Anaconda for her protection, that's very impressive!

3:56 AM  
Blogger knicq said...

Kk, you forget, impressive is a streak that runs in this "jalali" family.

Jalali Babas are known to summon more than just anacondas when angry...djinns, ogres, spirits, and what not. The kid is just being her jalali self.

And dear friend, vanity alone was the culprit in damaging that "raseef" beyond consolation if not repair with blackey's now deceased front tire.

:)

6:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter