Monday, March 21, 2005

Questions for Waleed

Haan bhai, here are your qoschins:

1. If you could invite any five people in world, from Paris Hilton to the Imam at the Masjid-e-Haram, to your house for dinner, who would they be? And what would you serve?

2. Shakespeare once wrote, "Be not afraid of greatness: some are born great, some achieve greatness, and some have greatness thrust upon them." How do you feel about red socks?

3. If you could go back in time and change one thing about yourself, what would it be?

4. You are a houseguest in the home of a venerable and respected elder. Waking up for Fajr in the morning, you are intrigued by a strange and animal noise coming from the general direction of the living room which you follow only to the discover a precocious five year old grandchild lost in a trance to the dubious enchantments of MTV. Mortally wounded by his misdirected enthusiasm, you ask the child to switch it off and join you for prayer to which he responds with a succinct, "Kith my ath!" Your next move would be?

5. E E Cummings once wrote, "Deeds cannot dream what dreams can do." Do you agree or disagree with this statement? Please explain why.

5 Comments:

Blogger Crazed Teacher said...

lol@ question 4 that really does put on ein a dilemma. i would wash the childs mouth with soap :)

8:20 PM  
Blogger Abez said...

Haha, look forward to reading his answers on these, lol

8:34 AM  
Blogger baj said...

haw hai. bad five yr old! my next move would be to pull down his pants and wallop him and then say "oh, i thought you said 'kick my ath.'"

anyhoo, since yr doodleboard is not working, i post this here:
http://www.hbo.com/alig/harvard.html

12:28 PM  
Blogger karrvakarela said...

Assalamualaikum,

Ushi and Baji: good replies. I'm partial to Baji's response, something crafty but instructive. Waise, I don't know if you've read Jean Kerr's Please Don't Eat The Daisies but she recommended a pair of bedroom slippers which are "excellent for the purpose because, while the noise produced is awesome, the damage is negligible."

4:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Baji's answer made me laugh out loud.
I guess I have it lucky: I've picked and chosen my nasheeds carefully enough that I have something that appeals to everyone's taste - in my family, that is.


But for now, I'm trying to swallow the Cummings quote. That shook me and I don't know why just yet.

7:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter